Sunday, April 18, 2010

My First Blog Ever.

Like many people today, I work in Toronto and live in the GTA. Mix in the fact that I have a toddler to drop-off on my way to work, and to pick-up on my way home, my commute is a long one! This commute time is further increased by taking the GO-Train & TTC. While this is not the cheapest form of travel, I am doing my part for the environment, I am lengthening the life of my vehicle (I hope!) and I am avoiding white knuckle winter drives! With all that time on the train and subway, it’s no surprise, I love to read!

My blog will focus on the books I read (as I finish them). Some books will take longer than others; and this might be due to a long list of reasons (chatting with friends on the train, sleeping, people watching, or plain old, having to drive into the office instead!)!! I only read during my commute (and possibly in a deck chair in my backyard... but it’s rare... remember, I have a toddler). I also have a couple of magazine subscriptions that trump any book I might be reading. Here’s the catch... while I am the first person to pick up a “best seller,” “Heather’s Pick,” or “Staff Favourite,” I am also a spend-savvy gal who enjoys picking up a bargain book for a couple of bucks! You would be surprised at how many great books I have read that have cost me less than a toonie!!

This blog is what it is... it’s me, paying lip service to literature. Comment, agree, disagree... enjoy the blog!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Chatty Cathy on your first blog post! I look forward to reading your reviews. Hopefully you'll inspire me to read more this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Chatty Cathy. Can't wait to hear more about your $2 gems.

    ReplyDelete