Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Chewin' on some Chick Lit...


OK – this great summer weather has made it tough to sit down and write reviews.... but I have no excuses... here are two reviews for the price of one blog entry. I took about a week and a half to read Emily Giffin’s Something Borrowed and Something Blue. Yes everyone, I read what is commonly referred to “Chick Lit.” And, brace yourselves...... I enjoyed the books for what they are. These books are quick, easy to read books, with an interesting enough dilemma that keeps you reading. You may not necessarily be able to relate to the story (wow, I sure hope not), but I think these are very quick, light natured reads that could easily be accompanied by a tall glass of lemonade or iced tea; and even EASIER accompanied by something a little stronger...... a nice crisp white wine perhaps?

Am I rushing to the shelves to pick up more “Chick Lit?” No. Not for a while. The truth is however, Emily Giffin does write well, and her quick wit will cause you to read more of her books as they come out.
Now... as a result of the G20 I didn’t take the train in... and with this week being a short one, I drove as well. I look forward to getting back into the grind next week and polishing off a few books over the next couple of weeks. Have a great week or so.......... enjoy the sunshine!! AND..... if you haven’t already... check out Something Borrowed (first)... and then Something Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment