Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Life in France... makes me wanna eat baguette!


There is a certain romance that one associates with France; especially with Paris. There is also the food, the richness, the shopping, the beautiful and smug culture... when we think of France, we think of all of these things; OK at least I do. It is one destination I wish to explore with my husband and our little girl. I feel like the food, the culture and the scenery will be like no other. And, Julia's book, My Life in France really and truly describes Paris, French food, and of course her love for her husband Paul.

The entire book is so amazing; you also need to remind yourself of when this all took place. I read through this book and couldn't believe that it is an autobiography; it reads like a fictional story. Julia and Paul were two love birds. They built an entire life together; sometimes however I wonder if they were not in love like lovers, but rather companions and soul mates. I know, you ask, what is the difference? I just didn't get the same level of romantic love that I did as a friendship love. I believed they were perfect for each other.

If you want a feel good story, with amazing descriptions about food, friendship and wine... this is one you will want to pick up. Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment