Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Never a bad thing to say...


OK - I must have recently jinxed myself as I indicated to someone that I will read books to their entirety...... but every reader has their limits. I attempted to read, The Children's Book by A.S Byatt, but failed miserably. It might have been the smaller font and full pages. It might have been that I wasn't in the right mindset for reading this tale. It may have even been the fact that I am dealing with mommy brain right now. This I know, I read 70+ pages of this 615-page book and yes, it's true................. I gave up! This doesn't mean that you won't like it, but I had a hard time getting into it. Alas, the book is back in my return bag to the infamous librarian... perhaps a high school student will enjoy this book more than I did. Who knows...... perhaps I will try to re-read this another day... but folks, after a few days of trying, I failed. So sorry, but I do not have a review for this tale. Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment