Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Effects of Light


The first book from my Librarian friend I cracked open. The verdict is........................................... WINNER/GAGNONS! Yes. This was a truly amazing story. The book is written in two voices and takes place in two times... the far away past and the very real present. There are serious details about art that the author either really searched for, or has an amazing interest in. When I read the book, I felt like it should have had the tag line, “based on a true story,” and yet, it has such sad elements in it that I was glad it wasn’t.
This would definitely be available at the library or any book store for that matter. It really is worth the read. It was a quick read too... one that is nice for those hot summer days where concentration may not be at its finest. It’s an easy read, without being flaky. Really. Check it out. If you have a sister, it makes you appreciate that you have that bond with someone. If you don’t have a sister (like me), it emphasizes the fact that your relationship will never be perfect, but it’s a lifelong bond that you will miss once it’s gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment