Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Little Bee - Anything, but Small...


A very compelling tale about a young woman's journey from Nigeria. I had to remind myself that I was reading fiction... and while I am somewhat knowledgeable about history, I ended up researching whether or not the information within this book was in fact "based on a true story." That, I leave up to you... what I can tell you is that this story is a quick read and one that makes you want to keep going and going. Not sure if I have mentioned this in previous posts... but I do like when stories flip between past and present. That being said, it is not something just any author can pull off. In this particular case, it is very well executed. The characters who you think you like, may not be characters you like at the very end of the book. And, when all is said and done, you are left with one very simple, playful, yet realistic thought... "are you a goodie or a baddie?" If you need a story that is very real, sad, inspiring and a story that restores your faith in mankind (well to an extent), pick this up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment