Thursday, August 5, 2010


I don’t know what to say............. this book was over 800 pages and yet I was intrigued by each one! When I first started reading the book, I was a little concerned that perhaps this was a little above my level...... insert “high five your forehead duh” here. Seriously! The story line begins with some journalistic court case... and although I may have a major in Criminology, and love to watch a good episode of Law & Order, this was a little different. I quickly got past those pages and right into the thick of this book. While some critics will tell you that it is not as well translated (mother tongue is Swedish), I found the writing to be just fine. The storyline was gripping and just when you thought you had solved an issue, there was a twist. I was really sad to see this story end.
My Librarian friend so graciously took out a bunch of books from her library prior to departing on her month-long journey to Italy (gotta love teachers!). So, over the next few weeks, the titles you will be exposed to may not be on the “best seller” shelf at Chapters. In fact, I don’t think I have heard of quite a few of the books in the bag she dropped off at my house. I have to tell you though – once again – you can’t always judge by the “best selling” stickers... sometimes great books don’t have the publishing budget for the best table or shelf placement. I promise to give you an honest anecdote of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment